Media Analyst ( Bilingual)
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified candidate will serve as the content manager for high profile customer website(s) in Spanish, ensuring that content changes regularly and is relevant and well-coordinated with social media. The resource will also manage two Social Media channels in Spanish (Facebook and Twitter) ensuring that CDC social media messaging in English is appropriately mirrored to Spanish speaking audiences.
- Manages and schedules high quality and timely content for Spanish homepage based on agency priorities, Director/agency initiatives, new releases, current events and recognized public health observances in coordination with the English homepage.
- Ensures strong integration of homepage content/schedule with Spanish social media channels.
- Manages on-demand requirements for same day posting of new content that is deemed urgent by customer leadership.
- Directs the development and posting of Spanish feature articles on the customer website, providing multiple publications per week to deliver key and current messaging that covers a variety of topics such as key health observance days/weeks/months, timely topics (such as Back to school or Flu season), agency priorities and other high-level topic content.
- Interfaces daily with numerous communications leads and public health SMEs across the agency to plan the editorial calendars, solicit and review content, propose changes to content/images, make adjustments to the planned content release, coordinate social media promotion, and ensure web team members build the pages as per agency specifications.
- Performs semi-annual QA review and ongoing review of all assigned sites, identifying and coordinating repair of broken links, need for content revisions, etc.
- Advises the customer on future projects as needed, providing guidance on content strategy, page layout, site design, etc.
- Champion the Spanish audience by proposing content and scheduling that resonates with the Spanish speaking audiences in both web and social media.
- Collaborates with customer lead, subject matter experts and other communications points of contact to develop, ensure proper clearance, and submit for customer approval the Spanish social media messaging calendars for all managed profiles.
- Identifies and champions ideas then creates engaging social media content from health communication material by collaborating with web/graphics teams and content subject matter experts.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the customer's social media strategies.
- Identifies relevant content for customer's target audiences and Spanish social media platforms.
- Identifies opportunities to promote program-specific content on the Agency Spanish social media channels.
- Performs community management (posting, monitoring, archiving, and customer service interactions) for social channels managed.
- Develops and implements innovative channel-specific strategies to increase followers, engagement, and overall impact.
- Compiles and analyzes regular reports on social media impact, engagement, reach and traffic metrics. Provides social media metrics on demand as needed from the customer.
- Develops guidelines and best practices for day to day social media activities.
- Prepares other documents, reports, and presentations as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Community/Public Health or a related field with a minimum of 6 years of experience.
- Ability to read and write/edit web and social media content in Spanish fluently.
- 4 years of experience in digital communications field, including content development, content analysis, and content management for high traffic, content heavy websites.
- 2 years of experience in managing social media or traditional communication projects, channels or campaigns.
- 2 years of experience in channel management of Facebook and Twitter for business accounts including social media content development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Strong project coordination and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks within tight and shifting deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail in developing high quality results.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively engage with executive level customers.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Problem solving, solution oriented, consultative mindset.
- Must be a team player and have experience working in on teams with diverse skills sets.
- Master's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Community/Public Health or a related field with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Experience working in public health communications at the CDC.
- Working knowledge of CDC communications standards, policies, and processes, e.g. plain language guidelines and clearance processes.
- Use of SharePoint (as a user).
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (report generation).
- Experience with Excel (content management, formulas, etc.)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top