Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified candidate will identify, plan, implement, and evaluate Social Media projects to aid the client in the dissemination of vital public health information through its various communication channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Google , blogs and websites.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other communications points of content to develop, ensure proper clearance, and submit for customer approval the social media messaging calendars for all managed profiles.
- Provide leadership and assistance to other social media managers in the assigned CDC program by assisting with Center-level clearance approvals, ensuring content calendar coordination across the Center, and engaging others for input to Center level social media strategic plans.
- Creates engaging social media content from health communication material by collaborating with web/graphics teams and content subject matter experts.
- Interfaces with policy and scientific experts to determine appropriate responses to audience feedback.
- Identifies and champions ideas for content promotion and cross-channel messaging.
- Identifies relevant content for customer's target audiences and specific social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Identifies opportunities to promote program-specific content on the Agency channels, e.g. YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram. Develops messaging and clears content.
- Performs community management (posting, monitoring, archiving, and customer service interactions) for social channels managed by team.
- Leads and champions the development and implementation of the customer's Center-level social media strategies and Division level contribution to and support of that plan.
- Develops and implements innovative channel-specific strategies to increase followers, engagement, and overall impact.
- Develops and implements concepts and plans for social media projects, e.g. special events and health campaigns.
- Compiles and analyzes regular reports on social media impact, engagement, reach and traffic metrics. Provides social media metrics on demand as needed from the customer.
- Develops guidelines and best practices for day to day social media activities.
- Researches current social media trends and tools and makes recommendations to the customer to shape future social media projects and channel use.
- Makes recommendations on the most effective social media tools for public health campaigns.
- Provides training and technical assistance to customer regarding use of social media channel and tools.
- Prepares other documents, reports, and presentations as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Community/Public Health or a related field with a minimum of 6 years of experience.
- 6 years of experience in managing social media or traditional communication projects, channels or campaigns.
- 4 years of experience in the latest social media applications including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Google , blogs and websites.
- 4 years of experience in social media content development for Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Experience developing and executing project plans and communications strategies.
- Strong project coordination and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks within tight and shifting deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills.
- Strong research skills with the ability to organize information and present results to the client.
- Attention to detail in developing high quality results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to deliver a proactive, energetic, and innovative approach to social media channel management.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Master's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Community/Public Health or a related field with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Experience working in public health communications at the CDC.
- Knowledge/interest in digital media technology and trends.
- Working knowledge of CDC communications standards, policies, and processes, e.g. plain language guidelines and clearance processes.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top