Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The position will manage a large volume of information requests coming in/out of the team and will provide writing and editing expertise for communications content.
- Support marketing and communication campaigns on a variety of immunization related topics by creating campaign strategies, managing vendor partnerships, creating content, coordinating and attending conferences, performing target audience research using surveys, focus groups and other methods.
- Triage, track, analyze, and drive to completion all requests for content updates to be posted on CDC.gov, CDC's social media channels, or other external and internal communications.
- Provide communication support to the Center and Office during disease breakouts.
- Manage content clearance request process. Initiate requests to CDC stakeholders of all levels and follow up as needed to ensure on-time approval for proposed content. Evaluate scenarios and escalate potential issues as needed.
- Responsible for tracking, status reporting, and on-time completion of other team tasks.
- Analyze existing content or content concepts for information goals, content/document format, user needs, or inclusion in other communications channels.
- Review materials available for targeted audiences; in collaboration with CDC staff, assist in the identification of gaps in existing materials addressing specific high risk group needs.
- Provide technical and non-technical documentation editing and version control.
- Compile and analyze metrics and other program evaluation data, collecting data from a variety of sources and presenting in a cohesive, organized format.
- Provide hands-on communications support to internal and external program stakeholders to promote vaccinations with diverse audiences and multiple formats including web and social media communications, newsletters, white papers, brochures, special publications, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, English, Journalism, Health or a related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- 1 year of experience in managing communication projects, channels or campaigns.
- 1 year of experience in drafting/writing communication content, materials, and products.
- Demonstrated experience in translating technical content into formats written in plain language and easy to understand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills along with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong skill and ability to organize data and information clearly and present to the client.
- Energetic team presence with an eagerness to learn and recommend new and innovative ideas to foster strategic objectives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Master's Degree in Science, English, Journalism, Health or a related field with a minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Experience in managing content needs across an agency the size of CDC.
- Experience in the latest Social Media applications including but not limited to, texting/SMS, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs and YouTube.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top