Mechanical/Structural Analysis Engineer 2/3 (Space Systems) - Ability to obtain clearance
- Dulles, VA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Division designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Innovation Systems Space Systems Group is seeking an entry to mid-level Mechanical/Structural Analysis Engineer to assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers to perform mechanical and structural analysis on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems.
This position in located in Dulles, VA.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Performing static and dynamic structure analysis.
- Reviewing requirements for materials, structure systems & subsystems.
- Selecting appropriate technical information and data from applicable products.
- Determining the technical principles involved, identifying the design path forward and computing the engineering characteristics to ensure consistency with the specifications design needs and requirements of space applications.
- Releasing results as "technical documents" after review by the senior members of the team.
- Developing innovative solutions and elaborating on design concepts.
- Evaluating completed designs with supervisor and other technical groups, and making modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
This position May be filled at level 2 or 3 depending on the experience and skills of the candidate.
Mechanical/Structural Engineer 2: Bachelor's degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area (Mechanical Engineering or Degrees with a focus in Structural Analysis highly preferred) and 2+ years of experience or Master's Degree and 0+ years
Principal Mechanical/Structural Engineer 3: Bachelor's degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area (Mechanical Engineering or Degrees with a focus in Structural Analysis highly preferred) and 5+ years of experience or Master's Degree and 3+ years
- Must have U.S. Citizenship to be considered for this position.
- Ability to perform structural engineering tasks associated with analysis, design, and/or testing of structures.
- Ex perience with at least one of the following Mechanical Analysis tools: NX FEMAP/NASTRAN, ABAQUS, HYPERMESH. (Equivalent spacecraft structural analysis tools may be considered on a case by case basis).
- Experience with spacecraft or subsystem static/dynamic testing
- Experience utilizing MATLAB
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top