Mechanical Tool Control Specialist
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Mechanical Tool Control Specialist to join its Tool Control Team within the Manufacturing Organization.
Perform a wide variety of complex tasks involving trouble shooting, repairing and preventive maintenance on non-facilities equipment which utilize liquid refrigerants in order to provide aircraft, engineering and manufacturing support, making recommendations for improvements and implement any changes approved by engineering and/or management.
- Assist management in special projects/programs and act as a team leader in coordinating and monitoring the activities associated with cooling carts and associated equipment/systems.
- Responsible for all application of a variety of cooling carts including but not restricted to performing routine sample tests of liquid refrigerants/coolants, etc.
- Coordinate activities within the assigned area of responsibility to support the engineering/manufacturing departments.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all refrigeration/electronic based systems i.e. thermal chambers and cooling carts, processes, devices and associated equipment.
- Calculate heating and cooling capacities to assess the need to upgrade or modify existing equipment.
- Prepare graphs, charts and reports as required.
- Develop instructions on system operations and maintain records and logs as required.
- Must know design requirements and safety procedures.
- Provide training/instruction on new or modified equipment or procedures, if necessary.
- Operate all computer systems, including business application systems and PC-based software applications.
- Investigate equipment failures and malfunctions to determine cause of failure.
- Work with Customer and Manufacturer to accomplish goals set forth by Management.
- Maintain all equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
HS graduate or recognized equivalent.
Graduate of a two year, full-time electronics technology school or six months military electronics school plus two years working in the maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical equipment.
Minimum of ten years experience with all aspects of HVACR.
Must posses and maintain a universal CFC recovery license and a Journeymans HVAC license.
Also must be able to coordinate activities and act as a team leader in the absence of supervisory personnel.
Must pass a formal, structured interview
Preferred Qualifications: None
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top