Mechanical Technician Associate - 2nd shift
Join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector as we focus on the development of new capabilities for our military and intelligence customers around the globe. The Mechanical Technician position will be located at our Rolling Meadows, IL facility.
The IRCM manufacturing organization builds various products in an ISO 9000 environment for military applications. The manufacturing environment requires precision, attention to detail and quality. The assembly position utilizes a variety of equipment and hand tools to assemble highly sensitive optical and electronic components. The nature of the work can require use of a microscope, soldering skills, and high attention to detail. All of the manufacturing tasks to be performed
by following written and verbal direction, along with the ability to follow engineering drawings or other visual aids.
This is the entry level position in the Mechanical Technician job family. Technicians in this position will perform basic
mechanical and electrical assembly. Work consists of repetitive simple / basic tasks and is performed under close supervision.
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of in house ESD, FOD and solder training / certification.
Fabrication / Build / Rework of the products and assemblies
- Perform the assembly of the products using standard, repetitive electromechanical techniques, use of basic handheld tools with good dexterity
- Perform accurate data/record keeping
- Solder in accordance with specified workmanship standards
- Follow shop safety practices and procedures during assembly operations
- Perform tasks in accordance with the company electro-static discharge (ESD) procedures
- Ability to work with epoxies, paints, adhesives and coatings
- Ability to work from designs, work instructions, and verbal instructions
- Ability to complete in house Solder, Optics, ESD and FOD certifications
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products
Ability to obtain a security clearance - US Citizenship required
- Strong attention to detail and excellent manual dexterity
- Capable of perform precision assembly and soldering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top