Mechanical Technician 4
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation is hiring a Mechanical Technician to join our diverse and talented team in Redondo Beach, CA.
Performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development of mechanical and electromechanical engineering designs, tests, fabrications, modifications, assemblies and components. Will perform RF cable assembly, resistance soldering, high precision soldering, high precision assembly and tooling development, Wire harnessing and routing including crimp and splice, spot bonding, flight hardware lifts, and test support.
- Must hold at least one of the following active security level clearances: Top Secret, SSBI or SCI.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a technician.
- Experience working from at least one of the following: Blueprints, electronic drawings, engineering drawings or written instructions.
- Experience with antennas and electronics precision assembly and soldering
- Experience with electronic PCB assembly.
- Experience with electronic test equipment including volt meters and oscilloscopes
- Work independently with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills and able to work in diverse teams of design engineers, manufacturing engineers and technicians.
- Associate's degree, A&P license, or other technical training/certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top