Mechanical Technician 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission orientedMechanical Technician,located in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
- Performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development, assembly and integration of Space Vehicle mechanical and electromechanical components, assemblies, and systems.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
- Drafts detailed drawings for ground support fabrication.
- Participates in the development of sub-system and system test methodology.
- Sets up and tests complete prototype and flight units and subassemblies under operational conditions.
- Analyzes data and recommends modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications.
This position requires travel, multiple shift operations and overtime work.
Must be able to meet and maintain the specific process requirements (bonding,crane, forklift and scissor lift ) to support daily task assignments.
- AA Degree or 2 year technical degreeplus 6 years related experience, orHigh School diplomaplus 8 years of related experience
- This position requires travel, multiple shift operations and overtime work
- Must be able to meet and maintain the specific process requirements (bonding, crane, forklift and scissor lift) to support daily task assignments
- Experience handling space flight hardware
- Familiarity with mechanicalassembly
- Airframe and Power plant (A&P) license with related experience
Back to top