Mechanical Technician 3
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Mechanical Technician 3 located in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development of mechanical and electromechanical engineering designs, tests, fabrications, modifications, assemblies and components.
- Drafts detailed drawings for fabrication.
- Devices, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
- Sets up and tests complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions.
- Analyzes data and recommends modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma and a minimum of 4 years of experience as a technician.
- Experience working from at least one of the following: Blueprints, engineering drawings or written instructions.
- Must hold at least one of the following active security level clearances: Top Secret, SSBI or SCI.
- Previous experience with mechanical, electro-mechanical, antenna, composite, or machined parts.
- Previous Satellite/Aircraft integration experience.
- Previous Satellite/Aircraft test experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top