Mechanical Technician 3
- Dulles, VA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The selected candidate will work as a Mechanical technician 3 on the mechanical build and processing of Northrop Grumman Spacecraft and structures as assigned. The candidate will acquire necessary skills on-the-job under the tutelage of experienced technicians and engineers. The candidate should be able to support mechanical leads and engineers with the installation of extremely fragile space flight hardware onto space vehicles and additionally have the ability to proactively identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and suggest solutions to engineering for review. The desired candidate should have team building skills, leadership skills, organizational skills, personal skills, and a strong follow-through "can do" attitude. The selected candidate will be required to support spacecraft and spacecraft subsystem testing which includes but is not limited to vibration, acoustic, propulsion, thermal vacuum, and thermal cycle testing as assigned. In addition, the selected candidate must be willing and able to work off shifts, weekends, overtime, and travel for launch campaigns. Occasional short term projects with travel may be required.
The selected candidate should possess the following skills:
- The candidate must be a U.S Citizen and shall possess technical training equivalent to an Associate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of related experience as a Mechanical technician or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Power point are required.
- A thorough understanding of Clean Room requirements, Hazardous Material Handling, Hazardous Operations protocols, and related operational protocols.
- The ability to support and maintain work areas up to company ESD, FOD and 5S standards.
- A thorough Hands-on knowledge and experience with the use of a variety of hand tools and mechanical equipment with the ability to read, interpret, and execute work to mechanical assembly drawings and BOM's.
- The ability to demonstrate advanced technical knowledge in manufacturing operations and procedures as it pertains to mechanical assembly with a high attention to detail.
- Understanding and ability to perform epoxy bonding, polymeric application, harnessing, and limited soldering as it pertains to space flight hardware.
- The technical prowess to tackle and understand new engineering designs.
* Solumina MES, TipQA, Windchill, CREOView, and Spacecraft processing knowledge preferred. Experience with critical/hazardous operations a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top