Mechanical Technician 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aRCS Painter/ Technician 3to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
- Experienced in the application of conductive coatings and MagRAM materials.
- Collaborates directly with engineering to construct complex models and test articles to exacting tolerances per the Requesting Engineers direction.
- Build full and sub-scale RCS models/test articles to support LO system development and design verification of stealth technologies.
- General knowledge of composite fabricationincluding foam tooling required.
- Responsible for quality and integrity of fabricated components associated with technology development, test and verification.
- Travel to various test site locations and support the Responsible Engineers testing efforts with coating application and general model support.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, specifications and blueprints. Communication with supporting organizations and individuals is routine.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- AA Degree or equivalent experience, plus3 years' of experience
- Interim Security Clearance required to start
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience in applying advance aircraft coating, primers, top coats, and MagRAM
- Current DOD Secret clearance.
- 5years ofexperience applying aircraft paint coatings primers, top coats, and MagRAM
- 5 years of experience building research models using wood, fiberglass, graphite and metals.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top