Mechanical Technician 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Mechanical Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA and supports Structural Testing in a lab environment.
Performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development of mechanical and electro-mechanical engineering designs, tests, fabrications, modifications, assemblies and components. Drafts detailed drawings for fabrication. Devices, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies. Sets up and tests complete prototype units and sub-assemblies under operational conditions. Analyzes data and recommends modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications.
- Associate's Degree or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and3 years of related work experience in a technical environment, or equivalent related mechanical experience
- Able to work any 9-80 shift schedule
- Able to be subject to working in confined and elevated spaces
- Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing up to 35lbs
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Structural Test experience
- Machining experience
- Manufacturing or Fabrication experience
- Proof Load Test experience
Back to top