Mechanical Technician 2 , Alignments
- Redondo Beach, CA
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Mechanical Technician Alignments 2 located in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
The ideal candidate will be required to apply alignment engineering principles to contribute to the timely execution of alignment measurements on the AMP Program, including operating alignment equipment, data collection and maintaining calibrations in a timely manner to support the program schedule. In addition s/he will be required to have the ability to read and understand engineering drawings, specifications, plans, and requirements documents.
This individual must interact across organizations to coordinate readiness for task execution including facilities, personnel, non-flight hardware/ equipment, flight hardware, configuration, and other required discipline support. Prior AMP and alignment measurement experience is also strongly preferred. Second shift, off-Friday, weekend and travel support is expected.
- Performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development of mechanical and Alignment engineering measurements, tests, analysis, surveys and calibration of equipment.
- Devices and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
- Sets up and tests complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions.
- Analyzes data and recommends modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma and a minimum of 2 years of experience as a technician
- Experience working from at least one of the following: Blueprints, engineering drawings or written instructions
- Must be able to work first or second shift and off-Friday's, when needed
- Candidate must have at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government Security Clearances:
- Department of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years.
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- OR Department of Energy Q Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Previous experience with Alignments equipment and or surveys
- Prior AMP and alignment measurement experience is also strongly preferred.
Back to top