Mechanical Technician 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking highly qualified, mission oriented Mechanical Technicians, located in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
- Assist mechanical engineers in the development of mechanical and electromechanical engineering designs, tests, fabrications, modifications, assemblies and components
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components or assemblies
- Independently set up and tests complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions
- Analyze data and recommend modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications
- Exhibit proficiencyin the use of common tools of the trade, including optical measuring devices, mechanical measuring devices, cranes, Hydra-sets, Aerial lifts and forklifts
- Active SCIsecurity clearance is requiredto be considered for this position
- AA or Electronics training equivalent to 2 years technical trade school or military technical school, or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 2 years of satellite integration and test experience
- Requiresknowledge ofbasic electronics,including skills in harness terminations
- Travel up to 25% of the time, extended hours and weekend work is required for this position
- Prior experience in Spacecraft assembly and test
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top