Mechanical Lab Design Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Mechanical Lab Design Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
- Responsible for mechanical design and assisting a team of mechanical designers in the development of primary and secondary metal and composite structure parts and assemblies for both new and existing Laboratories
- Work within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment, interfacing with IPT leadership, suppliers, customers, and other technical disciplines
- Use the NX-Teamcenter tool suite or similar CAD program and the ability to work with product build packages
- Participate in on-site support at product manufacturing and integration sites
- Tasks include designing operator workstations, consoles, Test Stations, equipment racks, primary and secondary structures, modifying structures and systems, design detailed parts such as brackets, equipment chassis, circuit breaker panels etc
- Responsible for the creating NX/AutoCad layouts and detail drawings of electrical components installations and relating support structures for Laboratories
- Visualize and develop structure within a 3-dimensional environment and supporting laboratory structures (NX, AutoCad etc.)
- This position may require travel, but will be permanently located in Melbourne, Florida
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2+ years of mechanical engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience with 2D/3D modeling design
- Experience with aircraft, simulated aircraftand/or lab design
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top