Mechanical Ground Support Equipment - Senior Design Engineer 4
Position is a Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) technical design lead. MGSE is used to support the integration, test and launch of spacecraft. The candidate will lead design modeling and drawing efforts utilizing CATIA V5.
Typical Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Leading efforts to create or update layout drawings, fabrication drawings and engineering change orders
- Giving design review presentations and perform some fundamental types of analysis (e.g. strength of materials)
- Drawing checks
- Reviewing analysis reports
- Supporting fabrication engineering liaison
- Hardware testing
- Supporting Integration and Test (I&T) operations on the high bay floor as related to MGSE usage and processing
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related technical area with 9 years of experience in mechanical design, or M.S. degree with 7 years of experience in mechanical design
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with 3-D CAD modeling tools (CATIA V5, Pro/E, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Active SCI/SSBI security clearance
- Experience designing welded structures
- Previous experience in MGSE design, fabrication and proof load testing
- Direct experience using CATIA V5 for 3-D modeling and drawing generation
- Experience with Patran/Nastran and Mathcad.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top