Mechanical Ground Support Equipment Design Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation(SIT&E) division for Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an experienced engineer to design, develop and implement testing methods and equipment in large-scale structural test of manned and unmanned aircraft. Along with the lead test engineer you will gather structural test requirements and develop structural test plans
The Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) Engineer is primarily responsible for the design and fabrication of equipment to rotate, transport, proof test, and deploy spacecraft and spacecraft payloads and components during the integration, test and launch of spacecraft.
- The candidate will support design modeling and drawing efforts utilizing CATIA V5.
- Create or update layout drawings, fabrication drawings and engineering change orders
- Give design review presentations
- Perform some fundamental types of analysis (e.g. strength of materials).
- Support fabrication engineering liaison
- Hardware testing
- Supporting Integration and Test (I&T) operations on the high bay floor as related to MGSE usage and processing.
- B.S. degree in STEM discipline plus 5 years of experience in mechanical design, or M.S. degree with 3 years of experience in mechanical design
- Experience with 3-D CAD modeling tools (CATIA V5, Pro/E, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Active SCI/SSBI or TS/SSBI security clearance
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to perform basic stress analysis (classical/hand analysis); finite element analysis experience is a plus
- Previous experience in MGSE design, fabrication support and proof load testing
- Welded structure design experience
- Experience using CATIA V5 for 3-D modeling and drawing generation
- Experience with Patran/Nastran and MathCAD
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top