Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
* BS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, relevant course work in fluid mechanics, compressible flow and/or thermodynamics of propulsion systems.
* Experience with industry standard fluid/ thermal and/or mechanical analysis software, design standards and/or documentation related to propulsion system or subsystem design.
* Domestic travel may be required.
* Experience with designing propulsion systems or fluid systems including review of relevant analysis, manufacturing drawings, authoring test procedures or hands on pressure or hot fire, engine test support.
* Experience in authoring performance specifications and/or statements of work required for the procurement of propulsion system fluid components, test support contracts or other related contractual technical documentation.
* Clearance with polygraph.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top