At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Candidate will be responsible for creating and reviewing engineering drawings, providing feedback to theteam and submitting drawings into a formal review process whereby released drawings will be fabricated, assembled and tested to support system development and production needs. Candidate will have the opportunity to perform conceptual design and layouts with responsibility for the mechanical integration of various mechanical components onto a payload platform while ensuring mechanical, electrical, and overall system requirements are met. Other duties may also include subcontract technical management and technical presentations to both design team and program leadership.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, organized, independently directed with good problem solving skills, able to perform effectively despite concurrent work tasks and will possess strong communication, leadership, and team skills
- Bachelor's degree in (STEM) field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) & 2 years of experience in mechanical and/or electromechanical design, OR a Master's degree in a STEM field & 0 years of experience in mechanical and/or electromechanical design
- A solid understanding in ASME Y14.100-2013, Engineering Drawing Practices
- A solid understanding in ASME Y14.5-2009, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Tolerance stack-up analysis experience
- A working knowledge of CAD applications
- Ability to produce design solutions and drawings
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with electro and opto-mechanical designs
- Experience in space payload and military electronics packaging design
- Experience and proficiency with CREO/Pro Engineering
- Current DOD Secret security clearance
- A working knowledge of TeamCenter Unified
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top