Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services in Ogden, UT is seeking Aerospace/Mechanical Engineers. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
The successful applicant will:
- Apply the principles of engineering to design components and systems using applicable standards and specifications
- Participate in research, planning, design and development of mechanical systems
- Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports
- Support design process from requirements definition through integration and test
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements. Prepare reports, briefings, design documents and interface with customers
This requisition may be filled as either a Mechanical Engineer or Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of related experience with Bachelors in Science; 0 years with Masters(Principal Level requires a minimum 5 years with BS, 2 years with MS)
- US Citizen able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Active Secret clearance
- 3+ years of experience with ICBM Weapon System
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical field.
- Experience with any of the following tools: NX, ANSYS, FEMAP, NASTRAN, Abaqus, LabView, MATLAB, or equivalent
- Experience with ICBM Minuteman III ground mechanical equipment: hardness, launch support systems, HVAC, launcher closure systems, transportation & handling, RivetMILE field support.
- Familiarity with Ground Systems AFNWC/NIA Customer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top