Mechanical Engineer 3 (Reliablilty)
Contributing member of a failure analysis laboratory to support NGC's cross-functional failure analysis and corrective action process. Desired capabilities include: structural design, complex reliability network design/analysis, component/system level root cause analysis, test design, and statistical data analysis.
- Theoretical understanding of modelling of complex reliability networks to include Monte-Carlo, and Bayesian analysis techniques.
- Contributes to theoretical development of algorithms that measure reliability during manufacturing, test, and field use activities.
- Software tool design using Mathcad/Matlab, Winbugs, etc
- Limited use of and/or familiarity with failure analysis tools to include: Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Focused Ion Beam Microscopy (FIB), cross sectioning, Infrared Spectrometry (IR), x-ray spectrometry, optical microscopy, etc.
- Serves as a technical resource for the evaluation of analysis completed by Customers, Suppliers and outside contracted services.
- Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, Customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purpose.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, 3 years of related experience with a Master's or 0 years with a Ph.D. in Reliability Engineering.
PhD in Reliability Engineering with analytical and experimental techniques to optimize component, assembly, and system designs for performance improvement and cost savings. Capabilities include: structural analysis, test design/execution/data analysis as applicable to accelerated life, reliability growth, and component life testing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top