Mechanical Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Corporation is offering a challenging and rewarding career as a Mechanical Engineer within the Mission Systems Sector located at the Rolling Meadows - Illinois facility.
This position will support the development, build, and test validation of ruggedized electronic equipment for military applications. The candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to multiple skill sets within the mechanical engineering discipline such as: thermal analysis, structural analysis, kinematic simulations, opto-mechanical design, mechanism design, printed wiring board design, harness design, material selection, metal fabrication techniques, support to hardware build/integration, and environmental testing. The individual will work within a team environment consisting not only of senior mechanical engineering oversight, but also other functional disciplines such as electrical engineering, software engineering, systems engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain.
The candidate will work within the Mechanical & Optical Technology organization. It is a high performing organization that values its employees and has a strong sense of purpose tied to the vision of Northrop Grumman: To be the most trusted provider of systems and technologies that ensure the security and the freedom of our nation and its allies. The candidate will be able to grow personally and professionally in an ethical and inclusive environment, while being an important part of a great team.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in electronics with exposure to electronics packaging or a Masters degree in a technical field with no experience
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exposure to 3D mechanical CAD tools, MS Office suite tools
- U. S. citizen and ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance
- Masters Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 1 year of experience in ruggedized electronic packaging for military applications
- Solid background in 3D mechanical CAD tools (Siemens NX), MATLAB, and Finite Element Modeling (ANSYS) tools
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top