Mechanical Design Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aEngineer 2 - Mechanical Designto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will contribute in the analysis, research, design, manufacture, and testing associated with aircraft and equipment Support Equipment.
- Mechanical design of test, measurement, and handling equipment used on military aircraft.
- Gathering of data, interface with suppliers, performing basic analysis, performing manufacturing liaison, assisting in developing test specifications and integration, and equipment sell off
- Basic knowledge of design and analysis tools as well as basic drafting skills. Basic drafting skills shall include a working knowledge using solid modeling, (NX, Pro Engineer, or Catia), or CAD based computer drafting software
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must also be willing to travel to various site locations to demonstrate the function of the designed equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in aScience, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university/college in Mechanical Engineering orcomparable disciplineand two (2+) years' experience in the design of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical subsystems
- Must have experience using CAD software in generating detailed engineering drawings used for manufacturing of mechanical and/or electrical assemblies
- Must have an Active, In-Scope DOD Secret Security Clearance or higher that has been granted / renewed within the past 5-6 years
- Must be able to obtain program access
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Three (3+) years of experience in the design of aircraft support equipment
- FAA A&P Certificate or equivalent aircraft maintenance background
- Experience in the automation of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Experiencedeveloping manufacturing drawings toGD&T standards
- Experience with process/procedure development, control, and improvement
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- A ctive, In scope DOD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top