Mechanical Design Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Candidate will be responsible for mechanical design and assisting a team of mechanical designers in the development of primary and secondary metal and composite structure parts and assemblies for both new and existing facilities.
- Candidate will work within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment, interfacing with IPT leadership, suppliers, customers, and other technical disciplines.
- Candidate will work with NX-Teamcenter tool suite or similar CAD program and work with product build packages.
- Candidate may participate in on-site support at product manufacturing and integration sites.
- Tasks include designing consoles, Test Stations, equipment racks, primary and secondary structures, modifying structures and systems, design detailed parts such as brackets, etc.
- Responsible for the creating NX layouts and detail drawings of electrical components installations and relating support structures for end items.
- This position may require travel, but will be permanently located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2+years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university.
- Must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the DoD Secret or Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access prior to commencement of employment.
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering 3+ years of experience in Mechanical Design.
- NX and Teamcenter/CPLM tool suite experience
- Proficiency with NX Solid Modelling
- Knowledge with manufacturing process and procedures
- Experience with 3D printing
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- Ability to lead an engineering or cross-functional team
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top