Materials Processes Tech 4 - Coatings Application Technician
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Materials Processes Tech 4 Coatings Application Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate will develop coating processes and apply coatings to test panels and systems test models in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
- Ensure consistency and quality of coatings applications
- Act as a resourceful point of contact for both the test and development teams
- Support the investigation of quality issues
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 6 years related experience in advanced coatings application experience related to aircraft outer-mold-line treatments
- An active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- The ability to obtain program access
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active, In scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top