Materials & Process Engineer - Space Components
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Space System's sector is looking for a Materials & Process Engineer to support the Space Components organization/business unit located in San Diego, CA.
- Review of down-flowed engineering process requirements to ensure applicability to part type.
- Documentation and implementation of any new processes introduced.
- Establishment of 'lessons learned' evaluation of projects and implementation of such lessons into future programs. Development and refinement of manufacturing processes.
- Support Failure Analysis/Cause and Corrective Action activities.
- Responsible for supporting the Design of Experiments (DOE) activities for manufacturing efficiency and quality improvement. Validation and qualification of new processes and equipment.
- Drawing review and approval
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with a Bachelor's in Material Sciences or related degree; 0 years with Master's degree
- Relevant industry and composite experience will be considered
- Good communication and written skills.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and data analysis.
- US Citizenship
- Working knowledge of high performance carbon/epoxy and carbon composite systems, core materials, adhesives, surface treatment.
- Prior experience in an Aerospace hardware manufacturing environment preferred.
Back to top