Material Process Engineer
Perform optical coating design, tolerancing, analysis and process engineering of optics for projects related to optical technologies. Design, develop, and apply new techniques and coatings to meet product needs. Individually contribute to product development or program completion. The successful candidate can expect to receive technical guidance from senior engineers, program managers, and supervisory review on proposed plans.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or related discipline and at least 2 years of experience OR 0 years with a Master's in Engineering
- Familiarity with thin film optical materials and thin film characterization techniques.
- Experience with statistical methods and analysis.
- Ability to clearly present and communicate ideas, concepts, and plans.
- Work will be conducted in both an office and lab/mfg environment with various temperatures and possible exposure to chemicals.
- US Citizenship required in support of security clearance requirements. While a security clearance is not required at start of employment, the successful candidate must be able to obtain a clearance.
- Experience with optical thin films; thin film modeling software (TFCalc, Optilayer, etc.) preferred
- Ability to model complex systems desired
- Strong background in electromagnetics preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top