Material Process Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Material Process Engineer 4 to work in El Segundo, California.
This individual will operate as the Lead Engineer in the Classified Electromagnetic Test (CEMT) area of the Materials & Processes Research Laboratory (MPRL) in El Segundo, CA. This Engineer will be responsible for quality assurance, cost, and schedule for all Secret Special Access Required (SAR) electromagnetic testing of materials for the B-2, F-35, AP-12, and ATDC Programs. Experience in the operation of microwave reflection and insertion loss measurement systems, including Naval Research Laboratory arch, anechoic chamber, focused beam free-space and gap scatter, wave guide, 7mm coaxial airline, and cavity probe equipment, is essential for the success of this rol. This Lead Engineer role also includes providing MPRL Focal Point support to Survivability Materials Engineers, by engaging in test planning, definition, prioritization, documentation, and reporting, as needed by Survivability Engineering.
- Microwave attenuation measurement
- Aircraft survivability materials characterization
- Operation of microwave reflection measurement systems
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Practical working experience with the o peration of microwave reflection measurement systems
- Demonstrated knowledge in the electromagnetic testing of materials
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in test planning, requirement definition, and reporting
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top