Material Planner/Scheduler 2
- East Hartford, CT
Material Planner 2 - East Hartford CT
Adaptive Optics Associates - Xinetics (AOA Xinetics), a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) Business Venture, is currently seeking a Material Planner 2 to support our Special Programs business area activities in East Hartford CT.
AOA Xinetics (AOX) designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products and systems such as deformable mirrors, optical systems, adaptive optics control systems and silicon carbide optical structures for the U.S. Government, commercial customers, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these technologies include civilian astronomy and semiconductor capital equipment as well as defense ISR and Directed Energy. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas also exist. The Company has substantial growth opportunities in support of many U.S. Government and NG Strategic Space Systems business initiatives.
AOX delivers industrial photonics systems and development services for a variety of customers and applications. AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, precision actuators, to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high availability applications. AOX's capabilities include lightweight passive and active hybrid CERAFORM silicon carbide optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software.
The Material Planner 2 will report to the Manager of Materials Planning & Control within a high-growth, strategic, fast-paced work environment. The MP2 will be responsible for the management of material needs and inventory control for multiple programs, oversee the flow of material from receiving to the production floor, perform activities to ensure a smooth production process flow, tracking and traceability of materials, perform a variety of activities in support of Manufacturing, as well as collaborate and support other functional groups such as Program Managers, Design Engineering, Finance, Purchasing, and Quality Control; you will utilize our MRP system, support peers, interface with customers with respecting to with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement, monitor and prioritize workload according to contract schedules, analyze and communicate production material requirements and execute product schedule plans.
- Plans and executes production control schedules and coordinates the internal/external supply chain material requirements ensuring a controlled flow of approved materials to meet on time delivery requirements
- Prepares lists of materials, accessories, and parts used in production following engineering and design blueprints and examines blueprints, identifies parts code, computes quantity needed, and lists total material requirements including routing, and special handling instructions.
- Submits list to purchasing department for use in preparing purchase orders and monitors external purchase orders and internal work orders to ensure products will be delivered to meet production demands, and routinely reschedules purchase orders (expedites, de-expedites, or cancels) so that the operating system can be a reliable indicator on shipping date to production facility
- Monitors internal and external supply chain alignment - identifies and resolves potential constraints, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components I parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements. Provides impact of supply vs. demand imbalance to Programs and Manufacturing.
- Advises senior leadership of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed, and communicates program-level requirements of work packages to Manufacturing organization
- Assists Special Programs Production Leadership in the execution of action/ workaround plans for assigned products/value streams to maximize on-time completion. Analyzes pegging reports to determine critical path constraints, and performs product lead time analysis
- Balances current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
- Address material issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Prepare and publish material status reports to various programs
- Material demand in ERP based on production planning, maintenance planning, repairs planning, sales orders or statistical methods.
- Issues daily replenishment orders in accordance with MRP for assigned product lines or suppliers. Collaborate with quality control, technicians and other staff to assess material needs, and works MRP messages and resolves late in-transit issues to assure an accurate MRP outlook
- Coordinates the missing parts anticipation process and missing parts root cause analysis.
- Planning and inventory strategy deployment based on parts typology, demand input, volume, price and other potential characteristics. Analyze and establish safety stock levels.
- Understand the master production schedule, and communicate with supply chain organization for impacts to schedule.
- Works with Materials Review Board (MRB) to determine disposition and makes recommendation to prevent scrap. Focus on preventing new and reducing existing inventory obsolescence.
- Initiate expedite shipment requests, as needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ years relevant experience in Manufacturing/Production Operations, MRP, Materials Planning, Inventory Control and/or Supply Chain
- Basic understanding of MRP fundamentals and thorough understanding of data base and analytical tools for data mining for creation of production reports, exception reports and production metrics, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word and Excel, Outlook) and basic proficiency with Power Point
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of personnel and customers
- Strong self-motivator with excellent verbal/written communication skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and possess process improvement and problem resolution skills
- US Citizenship is a requirement of employment
- Ability to obtain a DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Associates Degree in a technical or business related discipline
- Experience in Defense, Aerospace, Semiconductor product development and/or manufacturing work environment
- Knowledge/experience with adaptive optical products and systems
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Occasional travel to Devens MA facility
- Ability to handle and inspect very fragile, very expensive objects without damaging them
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time and light physical effort required
Back to top