Material Handler II
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
- Loads, unloads, and conveys materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, and performs a combination of tasks under specific direction which may include shipping and/or receiving.
- Opens containers using hand tools; counts and weighs materials and records information.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, conveyors, and machines by hand; loads or unloads materials into or from trucks by hand.
- Conveys materials using wheelbarrow, hand truck, forklift, electric dolly, elevator, or other devices; stacks or assembles materials; aids machine operators by lifting heavy objects by hand or by use of power hoist.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years additional education and/or experience
- Candidate must be proficient in all aspects of warehousing, packaging, handling, shipping & receiving personnel.
- Candidate must have complete understanding of all logistic elements, supportability, maintainability and logistics support analysis.
- Candidate must be able to identify and predict support equipment spares and consumable usage rates.
- Candidate must understand government Bench Stock, Bonded Stock, and Shop Stock requirements.
- Must be able to operate and maintain standard warehouse equipment/vehicles (Folk lift, warehouse tug, and bobtail).
- Candidate should have knowledge of AFI 23-101.
- Basic computer skills: Excel, Word, Power Point required.
- All applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox.
- Applicants must meet and maintain medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Candidate must obtain a secret clearance, but is not required to start. Additionally, the ability to obtain and retain a Program Security Clearance is required as condition of employment and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph.
- Extensive knowledge understanding of logistic elements; supportability, inventory management and logistics support.
- Performs well in small groups with little oversight.
- Extensive experience with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top