Master Planning and Scheduling Analyst 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Master Planning and Scheduling Analyst - 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepares, develops and coordinates integrated master schedules to meet program objectives
- Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material and manufacturing
- Tracks, plans and schedules, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas
- Manages scheduling statement of work (SOW) working with associated project controllers to ensure schedule and budget/forecast are consistent
- Analyzes schedule for critical path, recognizing implications of changes and assists in the development and incorporation of work-around plans into the schedule when change is required
- Develops necessary reports and metrics to enable management decisions
- Utilizes the Earned Value Management (EVM) system to analyze schedules to ensure they are consistent with budgets and forecast
- Performs IPT Scheduling for complex program IMS in a lead scheduling role for smaller projects
- Provides integrated scheduling from proposal through execution phase of contract
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years' experience in Program Planning and Scheduling (3 years with Master's Degree)
- Proficient in MS Project Client
- 3 years of EVMS experience
- Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Secret clearance
- Aerospace/Defense industry
- Excel macro/VBA skills are desired
- Working knowledge of MS Project Server
- Milestone Professional, Schedule Risk Analysis software (i.e., PRA)
- Top Secret clearance strongly preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top