Mass Properties Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Mass Properties Engineer 4 to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The Mass Properties Engineer performs mass properties functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and mass properties requirements allocation studies to translate customer, product or derived mass properties requirements into hardware and software specification requirements. Analyzes, researches and tests system hardware and conditions for optimal mass properties system solutions compared to requirements. Tools utilized may include solid modeling tools, database tools and standard office applications.
This individual will contribute to the Mass Properties team supporting the achievement of program requirements. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Developing and implementing a Mass Properties Management and Control Program
Accurate estimating and optimizing of mass properties to achieve vehicle performance and fulfill weight based program metrics
Establishing specification and design target weights
Maintaining accounting and reporting systems to inform the customer and management of current and projected mass properties trends
Participating as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
Providing mass properties data for cost analyses and vehicle design and analysis
Evaluating subcontractor proposals, interacting with and overseeing subcontractor mass properties management and control
Reviewing and approving drawings to achieve mass properties management and control.
Measuring vehicle and/or component mass properties
Providing operational flight manual mass properties data Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience in vehicle design and manufacturing techniques.
- Proficiency with MS Office software (Excel, Work, PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain and maintain an In-Scope SCI clearance access
- Masters' Degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret or SSBI/SCI clearance
- Aircraft Weight and Balance Certification
- Siemens NX proficient
- Automated Weight and Balance System (AWBS) experience
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Back to top