MarkLogic (NoSQL) / Database Administrator 4 - TS/SCI
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a mid-level to senior level MarkLogic DBA for a program that provides large scale O&M for the intelligence community. As the MarkLogic DBA, you will work closely with a team to help support the operational baseline, and ensure that the databases that are supporting the enterprise remain online and functional. The work location for this position is Washington DC, but other locations such as Reston Va, or Tampa Fla are also an option. He or she will Monitor database activity and file usage, and ensure necessary resources are present. Determine data to collect and analyze information as appropriate. Investigate and resolve technical database issues of significance. Oversee the analysis and determination of database performance characteristics, informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities for more complex databases. Recommend and implement tuning opportunities to improve system response and run times.
The candidate may be required to define logical attributes and data inter-relationships and designs complex data structures to accommodate database production implementation, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance. Optimize database accessibility by developing load balancing architectures and processes to eliminate down time for backup processes. Limit database accessibility based upon information security level and ensure data spillage from more secure to less secure databases does not occur. Implement and support database security regulations, policies, and guidelines. Monitor security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; install necessary security patches to ensure ongoing database security. Plan and install upgrades of database management systems (DBMS) software as necessary to enhance database performance.
He or she may research various hardware and software products; recommend solution and implement approved products. Review and approve application and database design decisions to ensure that application solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment. Integrate databases and commercial of the shelf software; resolve conflicts between databases and of the shelf software, operating systems, and open source applications. Design and test database installation, implementation, and recovery scenarios. Determine test to use and collects appropriate data according to established guidelines. Participate in analysis, development and implementation of unique database recovery plans in response to client-impacting outages
Responsibilities may include:
- Design, development, integration & maintenance of complex MarkLogic databases
- Implementation and test of database backup, recovery systems, database migration and archiving systems and procedures.
- Research, issue, and provide strategic direction related to database security.
- Recommend proper hardware and software implementations to improve software quality, efficiency and minimize cost.
- Define architecture and thresholds for database monitoring and performance management.
- Collaborate with architects and technical specialists to identify proper hardware and software implementations.
- Plan, install, and test software upgrades and patches.
- Perform requirement definition as it relates to all aspects of Mark Logic implementations.
- Bachelors degree and 9 years of experience, or Masters Degree and 7 years.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in database design or maintenance
- Experience working with computer hardware and software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experience working with database and system maintenance procedures
- Experience working with database creation techniques and database management systems (DBMS) features
- Experience working with database performance tuning
- US Citizen with current/active TS/SCI clearance and CI Poly
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good programming skills for database management and general software
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Security Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems
- Experience working with Apache Web Services
- Experienced with Python and Ruby programming
- Familiarity with the IC and Defense communities a plus
- Familiarity with SAFe
- Familiarity with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and x509 certificate attributes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top