Marine Systems Quality Engineering Manager 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Manager of Quality Engineering to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Sunnyvale, CA. The Quality Engineering Manager is responsible for establishing and leading the Quality Engineering function for a business operating unit at the Sunnyvale location; a key element of the Marine Systems business unit within the Navigation & Maritime Systems Division (N&MSD). Marine Systems designs, builds, tests, and supports Power & Propulsion Systems and Launch Systems for the US Navy and allies of the US.
As a key leader, partner and essential member of the Marine Systems Mission Assurance leadership team, the Quality Engineering Manager will lead a high performing quality engineering team of employees responsible to facilitate a continuous improvement culture focused on increasing affordability, process effectiveness and efficiency; and will be responsible for executing, monitoring and reporting on the health of the quality system and the quality of the products and services. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success leading broad organizations within cost and schedule while achieving a high level of employee engagement. The position requires a solution-based orientation, unwavering ethics and values, and the demonstrated ability to be a trusted partner. Candidates must demonstrate a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers. Candidates will support the design, manufacturing, and testing of Marine Propulsion and Power Generation Systems and Launch Systems and will have experience working in a manufacturing environment and have familiarity with various manufacturing processes for high-value gearing and steam turbine assemblies, machined components and welded fabrications. The Quality Engineering Manager reports to the Marine Systems Mission Assurance Director.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Promotes the professional development of the quality engineering workforce and fosters a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around employee engagement and inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
- Assures compliance in program quality, risk management, safety, process improvement, subcontractor and supplier quality, configuration and data management in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Monitors operating unit quality metrics, corrective action boards, and program audit metrics and processes.
- Leverages comprehensive metrics, customer and employee feedback to assess program quality performance and risks.
- Develops and manages cost center expense budgets, productive yields, and resource planning.
- Responsible for the management of program budgets, schedules, program EACs and performance (using EV) for the quality scope of effort on programs.
- Frequent interface with executives and customer representatives, including on-site DCMA representatives, concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and contractual clarifications.
- Thought leader influencing and impacting strategy for program while driving innovative change.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field.
- 5-7 years of related experience, with experience in Quality/ Quality Management.
- 5 years of experience managing individual contributors.
- Demonstrated understanding of the program / product lifecycle in the areas of new business pursuit, design, supply chain management, receiving operations, inventory control, production control, product test & evaluation, reliability, root cause analysis, product sell off, and/or shipping and product support as they apply to quality.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- 3-5 years of experience managing an engineering/product development team.
- 3-5 years of managing projects in accordance with Earned Value Management.
- Master's degree in engineering or technical field.
- Master's in Business Administration
- Familiarity with SAP, a plus with Quality transactions.
- Active Secret security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top