Manufacturing Technician 4
- Lanham, MD
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Electronics Assembler to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This osition will be located in Lanham, MD
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Advanced Technology Solutions (ATS) organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from diagrams and drawings.
• Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed.
• May conduct peer inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
• May disassemble, modify, rework and reassemble experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
• Some overtime, evenings and weekends, may be required to meet program schedules.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Associate's Degree/Technical Degree with 3 years of relevant experience in production assembly and soldering experience OR a High School Diploma with 6 years of relevant experience in production assembly and soldering experience.
• Ability to use a microscope for long periods of time during assembly.
• NASA-STD-8739 Certifications and/or J-STD Certifications with Space Addendum.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• NASA-STD-8739.1 (Polymeric Application) Certification and/or experience mixing and applying Polymeric material
• NASA-STD-8739.2 (Surface Mount Technology) Certification and experience with Slump and Cohesion testing along with hand placement of components into solder paste.
• NASA-STD-8739.3 (Hand Soldering) Certification and experience soldering fine pitch, flat packs and temperature ensitive devices.
• NASA-STD-8739.4 (Cable Crimp and Harness) Certification and experience with wiring connectors and harnesses
• ESD, FOE/FOD Training
• At least 2+ years assembling Space Flight hardware
Back to top