Manufacturing Technician 3 - Space Components
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Space Components Division is seeking a Precision Manufacturing Technician to join our team. This position could be located in San Diego, CA.
Successful candidate will work 2nd shift (1:00pm - 10:30pm)
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Bond, prep and bonding of composite structures to metallic fittings.
- Notate usage, traceability, pot life, and out time controls on all adhesive materials used.
- Report data and interface with other employees and departments.
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
- Reading and understanding manufacturing blue prints and shop planning
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
- HS Diploma or equivalent and 2 - 4 years' experience with close-tolerance assembly work (e.g. electronics assembly, mechanical assembly, modeling),
- 1+ years of space craft assembly or integration work required
- HS Diploma or equivalent and 4 - 6 years' experience with close-tolerance assembly work (e.g. electronics assembly, mechanical assembly, modeling),
- 3+ years of space craft assembly or integration work required
- Experience working in a composites/manufacturing environment (space/satellite structures, aerospace manufacturing environment)
- Demonstrated Mechanical Ability.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
- Able to read, write and work to written instructions, blueprints, or shop drawings in English.
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize.
- Experience or familiarity with ISO requirements, standards, and compliance issues.
- Standard computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Experience with cranes and rigging, forklifts, and similar manufacturing equipment
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
Back to top