Manufacturing Technician 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
- Must be able to perform basic and intricate electronic assembly functions on flight and non-flight hardware according to company workmanship standards and/or NASA specifications.
- Must be able to work on both circuit board assemblies and cable/harness.
- Must be able to pass and maintain NASA and J-STD workmanship certifications.
- Must be able to work from assembly drawings, operation sheets, and/or engineering sketches.
- Generally requires High School Diploma or GED with 8 years related experience
- Circuit card polymerics (conformal coat/bonding) experience is a valuable plus
Back to top