Manufacturing Technician 2
Manufacturing Technician 2, 1st Shift
(Wet Layup/Tooling Technician)
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Use of vacuum bagging processes.
- Lay-up of composite structures
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Report data and interface with other employees and departments
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Loading autoclave cure vessels. (Max 150 psi)
- Loading operating oven(s).
- Loading operating high temperature furnaces
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
Basic qualifications include:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment; composites materials industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
- Able to read, write and work to written instructions, blueprints, or shop drawings in English.
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic
- Experience or familiarity with ISO requirements, standards, and compliance issues.
- Standard computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, adhere to written procedures
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Additional experience a plus:
- Knowledge of Lean-Continuous Improvement Principles
- Development of composite layup tooling
- Machining experience
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top