Manufacturing Technician 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
COI Ceramics (COIC), a part of Northrop Grumman's Space Components Business Unit, leads the industry in the development, fabrication and production of High Temperature Ceramic Matrix Composite Components and test articles. COIC is currently hiring a 1st shift Manufacturing Technician 2 in our San Diego, CA location.
(Wet Layup/Tooling Technician)
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Use of vacuum bagging processes.
- Lay-up of composite structures
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Report data and interface with other employees and departments
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Loading autoclave cure vessels. (Max 150 psi)
- Loading operating oven(s).
- Loading operating high temperature furnaces
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
Basic qualifications include:
- Associates Degree or 2 year Technical Degree plus a minimum of2 years composites manufacturing experience required.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
- Able to read, write and work to written instructions in English
- Demonstrated Ability to multitask, prioritize, adhere to written procedures
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic
- Experience or familiarity with ISO requirements, standards, and compliance issues
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Continuous Improvement and 5S Principles
- Standard computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong skills in operating in a quick paced team environment
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to adhere to written procedures
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite .
- Must be flexible to work 2 nd Shift as needed
- Fabrication of composite layup tooling
- Machining experience
- Knowledge and experience with equipment maintenance, particularly ovens and furnaces
- Ceramic composites materials industry experience preferred
- Active DOD Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top