Manufacturing Technician 2
- Brigham City, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking Manufacturing Technicians to work with our Mix / Cast team at our Promontory facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Production Operator performs hands on activities/tasks associated with manufacturing solid fuel rocket motors. Tasks may include but are not limited to Tooling/Assembly/Disassembly, Case Surface Preparation, Final Product Assembly, Chemical Mixing/Casting, and Propellant Ingredient Handling, Maintaining cleanliness of work area and facilities, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Participates as a team member to positively influence and enhance the safety, quality, cost and scheduling of their team.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 0 to 2 years of manufacturing (product assembly) experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Able to obtain Employee Possessor designation from the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
- Safe handling of hazardous materials,
- Operating industrial equipment such as cranes, forklifts, precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Job function may require handling of live propellant related materials.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required
- Must possess a valid state driver's license
- Able to successfully pass the Safe Explosive Act (SEA) background check
- Able to pass a respirator FIT test.
- Able to work a physically demanding day (stand for long periods; work from your knees; ascend and descend ladders; lift, bend, twist push and pull up to 50 lbs.) while wearing protective equipment (respirator, coveralls, gloves, eye and ear protection, etc.).
- Able to read, comprehend and follow established written instructions without deviation
- Perform basic math and measurement functions
Back to top