Manufacturing Technician 1
- San Diego, CA
COI Ceramics (COIC), a part of Northrop Grumman's Space Components Business Unit, leads the industry in the development, fabrication and production of High Temperature Ceramic Matrix Composite Components and test articles. COIC is currently hiring a 1st shift Manufacturing Technician 1 in our San Diego, CA location.
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Use of vacuum bagging processes.
• Lay-up of composite structures
• Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
• Report data and interface with other employees and departments
• Tooling preparation and release application.
• Loading autoclave cure vessels. (Max 150 psi)
• Loading operating oven(s).
• Loading operating high temperature furnaces
• Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
• Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
• Associate's degree or two year Technical Diploma in related field. A high school diploma plus 2 years composites manufacturing experience may be considered in lieu of an Associate's degree or two year Technical Diploma; ceramic composites materials industry experience preferred.
• Demonstrated mechanical ability.
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
• Able to read, write and work to written instructions in English
• Demonstrated Ability to multitask, prioritize, adhere to written procedures
• Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic
• Experience or familiarity with ISO requirements, standards, and compliance issues
• Knowledge and experience with Lean Continuous Improvement and 5S Principles
• Standard computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Demonstrated strong skills in operating in a quick paced team environment
• Ability to work under limited supervision.
• Ability to adhere to written procedures
• Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to be on feet for up to 8+ hours each day.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
• US Citizenship required
Additional experience a plus:
• Fabrication of composite layup tooling
• Machining experience
• Knowledge and experience with equipment maintenance, particularly ovens and furnaces
• Currently hold a DOD Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top