Manufacturing Technician 1 (2nd Shift) - Space Components
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include satellites and associated space components and services; launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Manufacturing Technician 1 position performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations in layup and panel fabrication on the 2nd shift.
This position will be located in the San Diego, CA.
• Handling and managing fragile composite materials. Prep, lay-up and bonding of composite products.
• Experience with layup of uni-directional and weave pre-pregs
• May report status/progress and interface with other employees and departments.
• Tooling preparation and release application.
• Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
• Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
• Execute to written instructions.
• A high school diploma and 5+ years' of manufacturing experience may be considered in lieu of an Associate's degree or Technical degree.
• US Citizenship required
• Ability to work 2nd shift
• Associate's degree or 2 year Technical degree and 3 years' minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top