Manufacturing Supervisor 1 - 1st Shift
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Manager, Manufacturing to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at the Spectrum Facility in San Diego, CA.
Join the men and women of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business.
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Mission Systems division of Northrop Grumman Information Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California. The business has developed and advanced software-defined radio technology for sophisticated communications in a network-centric environment.
A&TN focuses on providing advanced technologies, engineering development and production for our software-defined radio programs. A&TN programs include the communications, navigation and identification (CNI) production for F-22 and F-35 aircraft and production of advanced multi-function RF products such as JCREW.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the direct supervision/management of the staff.
- Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines & general policies.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Experience working in a DoD manufacturing environment
- Previous Project or Program Management experience
- First Line Manager experience managing assemblers and test technicians
- Prior experience with Line Scheduling
- Prior experience with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Prior experience utilizing Kaizen Techniques
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance with Special Access Permission.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience in electronics manufacturing environment
- Experience with Monthly Preventative Maintenance on Production and Environmental Test equipment. To Include but not limited to, Stencil Cleaner, Vibration systems, Temp Chambers, Pad Cooling Systems and Fume Extractors
- Experience with SAP and shop floor control systems
- Experience with calibration of test equipment
- Understanding development of overhead budgets for supplies and expenditures
- Proficient in ESD Training and Certifications
- Proficient in electronics equipment programming and maintenance
- Ability to track PO Funding and Period of Performance for all Production equipment requiring repair and update as required
- Ability to ensure that all chemical supplies requiring shelf life are current and not expired
- Experience with purchasing supplies, chemicals, spare parts and tools for production labs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top