Manufacturing Operations Maintenance Technician
- Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Manufacturing Operations Maintenance Technicians to join its Tool Control team. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
Repair, troubleshoot, modify, align, and install a variety of complex electro-mechanical, optical, chemical, pneumatic/hydraulic manufacturing and analysis equipment.
1. Maintain in working order fabrication, assembly and test equipment used in the production and test of ceramic and organic multilayer interconnections, surface mount assemblies, microelectronic assemblies, electronic combat assemblies, antenna assemblies, and other system assemblies/subassemblies.
2. Perform tests on equipment where the test involves functional operation of the equipment and where specific performance values are to be measured as required. Align, adjust and time circuitry as necessary to bring within performance specifications.
3. Perform electrical, electronic, mechanical and/or hydraulic repairs which may require dismantling equipment to make necessary adjustment and repair.
4. Perform preventive maintenance according to established procedures which include such functions as changing filters and hydraulic fluids, cleaning and lubricating, tightening connections and making circuit adjustments
5. Make specified modifications on equipment using such information as original schematics and wiring diagrams and change bulletins
6. Prepare and submit maintenance reports and data to higher classified personnel as required
7. Make calculations required in the summarization of data per detailed instructions using algebraic formulae.
8. Operate computing equipment to perform tasks (e.g. upload/download programs, create/edit CNC or PLC programs). PLC ladder logic preferred.
This is an IBEW Union Represented position.
- High school graduate or recognized equivalent.
- Must possess an Associates Degree (minimum 60 semester hours) or two years (minimum 60 semester hours) of college level study with a major in Electronics or a minimum of six months military electronics school, plus two years working experience in the maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Seven years minimum experience in industrial electronics environment with demonstrated knowledge of electro-mechanical, pneumatic/hydraulic manufacturing and analysis equipment.
- PLC programming experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- SAP experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top