Manufacturing Operations Maintenance Technician
- Baltimore, MD
Manufacturing and Production
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Manufacturing Operations Maintenance Technicians to join its Tool Control team. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
Repair, troubleshoot, modify, align, and install a variety of complex electro-mechanical, optical, chemical, pneumatic/hydraulic manufacturing and analysis equipment.
1. Maintain in working order fabrication, assembly and test equipment used in the production and test of ceramic and organic multilayer interconnections, surface mount assemblies, microelectronic assemblies, electronic combat assemblies, antenna assemblies, and other system assemblies/subassemblies.
2. Perform tests on equipment where the test involves functional operation of the equipment and where specific performance values are to be measured as required. Align, adjust and time circuitry as necessary to bring within performance specifications.
3. Perform electrical, electronic, mechanical and/or hydraulic repairs which may require dismantling equipment to make necessary adjustment and repair.
4. Perform preventive maintenance according to established procedures which include such functions as changing filters and hydraulic fluids, cleaning and lubricating, tightening connections and making circuit adjustments
5. Make specified modifications on equipment using such information as original schematics and wiring diagrams and change bulletins
6. Prepare and submit maintenance reports and data to higher classified personnel as required
7. Make calculations required in the summarization of data per detailed instructions using algebraic formulae.
8. Operate computing equipment to perform tasks (e.g. upload/download programs, create/edit CNC or PLC programs). PLC ladder logic preferred.
This is an IBEW Union Represented position.
Back to top