Manufacturing Manager 1 - 2nd Shift
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Manager, Manufacturing to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the weekend shift. This position will be located at the Spectrum Facility in San Diego, CA supporting our 2nd Shift. 2nd Shift hours are from 3:30 pm - 1am and supports a 9/80 work schedule.
Join the men and women of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business.
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Mission Systems division of Northrop Grumman Information Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California. The business has developed and advanced software-defined radio technology for sophisticated communications in a network-centric environment.
A&TN focuses on providing advanced technologies, engineering development and production for our software-defined radio programs. A&TN programs include the communications, navigation and identification (CNI) production for F-22 and F-35 aircraft and production of advanced multi-function RF products such as JCREW.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the direct supervision/management of the staff.
- Directing and providing objective-oriented guidance to subordinates utilizing management guidelines & general policies.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- An Associates degree in a technical discipline with8 years experience working in a manufacturing environment or a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline with 6 years experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to support 2nd Shift. Hours are from 3:30 pm - 1am and follow a 9/80 work week.
- Must have manufacturing/engineering leadership experience.
- Prior experience with Line Scheduling
- Prior experience with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance with Special Access Permission.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline.
- Experience working in a DoD manufacturing environment
- Experience in electronics manufacturing environment
- Electronics test and troubleshooting experience.
- First Line Manager experience managing assemblers and test technicians Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Prior experience utilizing Kaizen Techniques
- Experience with Monthly Preventative Maintenance on Production and
- Environmental Test equipment. To Include but not limited to, Stencil
- Cleaner, Vibration systems, Temp Chambers, Pad Cooling Systems and Fume Extractors
- Experience with SAP and shop floor control systems
- Experience with calibration of test equipment
- Understanding development of overhead budgets for supplies and expenditures
- Proficient in ESD Training and Certifications
- Proficient in electronics equipment programming and maintenance
- Ability to track PO Funding and Period of Performance for all Production equipment requiring repair and update as required
- Ability to ensure that all chemical supplies requiring shelf life are current and not expired
- Experience with purchasing supplies, chemicals, spare parts and tools for production labs
Back to top