Manufacturing Engineer/Principal Manufacturing Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as an Manufacturing Engineer based out of Sunnyvale.
You will support the manufacturing and testing of marine propulsion and power generation systems working on various manufacturing processes for high-value gearing and steam turbine assemblies, machined components and welded fabrications.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop new processes, improve existing manufacturing processes, and develop the required tooling and fixtures with an excellent team of experienced assembly mechanics, machinists, welders and engineers.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the manufacturing environment.
- Develop efficient process flows and sequences of operations, optimized production area layouts, manage bills of materials, create detailed work instructions, process procedures and tooling requirements with emphasis on safety, foreign object elimination and equipment/system maintenance.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of new capital equipment for establishing expanded production processes.
- Select roles will also support final acceptance testing of product and provide technical support to test facility operation as necessary.
Positions are available within the following Manufacturing Engineering departments:
- Welding and Fabrication
Back to top