Manufacturing Engineer 3
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems seeks an experienced Manufacturing Engineer. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers." Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of
Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
In this position, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing manufacturing processes for a variety of electronics:
- Selection and introduction of new products/processes, and optimization of existing products/processes.
- Implementation and monitoring of statistical process controls on processes developed.
- Using failure analysis tools and corrective actions to investigate and solve problems to ensure quality.
- Develop tools, fixtures, visual aids, and work instructions as required to ensure manufacturing efficiency and quality.
- Provide guidance to design engineering on manufacturing techniques and requirements for new product and product changes.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- BS degree in Engineering or STEM related field with 5 years' experience; MS degree with 3 years' experience
- Experience in electronics manufacturing environment
- CAD design experience
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience with RF device manufacturing and testing, particularly solder and SMT based
- Experience with RF filter manufacturing and testing
- Experience in failure analysis and creation of SPC systems U.S. Citizenship
- DoD Secret security clearance eligible
- Experience working with departmentally diverse teams on Lean or similar projects
- Experience with SAP or other shop floor control system
- Capable with data structures and database programming
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top