Manufacturing Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a manufacturing engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA, where technology and teamwork come together. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Engineering Team at the Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center of Excellence working in a collaborative environment while promoting a positive, proactive and team working culture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains configuration of the aircraft to Engineering requirements.
- Providing guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize existing equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Translates Engineering requirements into a product build package.
- Collaborates with tool design on manufacturing requirements.
- Controls the flow of parts.
- Determines make vs. buy.
- Structures Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM).
- Defines sequence of operations and specifies procedures for product build.
- Develops product build flow for efficiency.
- Ensures manufacturing processes and procedures are in compliance with customer requirements.
- Develops and controls manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and supporting data collection. Specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment used to fabricate products.
- Supports the build and test of product.
- Clears constraints affecting production of aircraft. Investigates and initiates corrective actions and improvements in product quality and efficiency.
- Collaborates with tool design to ensure product build is repeatable.
- Oversees the integration of new aircraft assembly technologies and processes.
- Candidate has a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. Candidate also has a general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under general direction only. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
BS Degree STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) and 5 years of experience. Additionally, one must be familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), have outstanding written and oral communications skills, and have project management and aircraft manufacturing experience. Other required experience/skills:
- Ability to relay and receive information
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result
- Ability to identify sequence of operations or action to be taken
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel)
- Structural, Electrical or Final Assembly Aircraft Fabrication and Assembly
- Tooling Concepts
- GD&T experience
- Project Management experience
- Six Sigma and LEAN Manufacturing Principles
- Catia or NX CAD Experience
- Basic understanding of concepts related to typical manufacturing systems such as: MRP, kitting, batch sizing, configuration control and work flow routings
- Prior manufacturing engineering liaison experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top