Manufacturing Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer 2 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This position is for a Manufacturing Engineer 2 supporting MAIT hardware production. The ideal candidate will support the manufacturing engineering statement of work in propulsion, the SMART lab and other space production work centers as needed. Typical responsibilities include the implementation of manufacturing processes, procedures for machined parts, propulsion components/sub-systems, composites and assemblies. Understanding and interpretation of Process (PR) specifications and (Fabrication Inspection Procedure) FIPPS is paramount for the success of this role.
- Applies entry level skills to the development of testing procedures of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, and/or controls
- Designs tooling and/or shop aids in support of production or testing activities
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and2 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
- Practical working experience with the design, manufacturing, assembly and/or test of mechanical, electro-mechanical, antenna, composite, machined parts or similar products and technologies
- Technical experience in mechanical manufacturing engineering
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SCI Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- SAP and Solumina Proficiency
- Propulsion assembly and tooling design/fabrication.
- Experience with CATIA V5 of NX10
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top