Manufacturing Analyst/Principal Manufacturing Analyst
- Rolling Meadows, IL
Manufacturing and Production
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and
advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by strong corporate values and ethics.
Northrop Grumman offers a challenging career opportunity in our Operations team within the Mission Systems sector at our Rolling Meadows, IL facility.
The Operations Program Manager (OPM) Analyst position supports production, business, and other processes in a team based manufacturing environment. Performs activities in a variety of cross functional areas including production
planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process reengineering. The incumbent may facilitate self-directed work teams, provide training in core skill areas to teams and peers, and interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement. Incumbents are generally experienced in one or more areas of manufacturing operations.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- The Operations Program Manager will be the primary Manufacturing interface with the Program Office, engineering, Supply Chain Management and Mission Assurance on all aspects of assigned programs.
- Responsible for scheduling and execution of programs, while monitoring and addressing all cost, schedule and quality issues.
- Lead multifunctional teams, including Operations functional support organizations, to ensure all program and manufacturing goals and objectives are met.
- Represent the organization as a prime contact on contracts or programs. Interact with internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Oversee the generation of proposal inputs, including Basis of Estimate, Resource code mix, estimate rationale, bid codes, overhead, labor, manufacturing and personnel capacity, and risk / opportunity tracking.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the Operations Team's activities to assure compliance with company objectives and obligations.
- Monthly reconciliation of Sales Order WBS to MRP WBS for accuracy and consistency.
Back to top